This salad is definitely unique and sure to please! It would pair excellently with pork.
Download a printable PDF here.
Roasted Beet and Kale Salad
1 Large Bunch Kale ½ – 1 lb
2 lbs Beets (5-7 depending on size.)
Salt and Pepper
1 Small Red Onion
¼ Cup Almonds (I just chop mine up but you could use slivered almonds.)
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Wash and trim the Kale. Put on pan and drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 mins (keep an eye on them.) Transfer to a bowl.
You can find a complete recipe for Kale chips here.
2. Once the Kale Chips are done, bring up the oven temperature to 400*. Cut the beets into wedges, and cut the onion into thin strips. Put the beets and onion on the pan and sprinkle on some more olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake for about 45 mins, stirring. Depending on your beet size and how small you cut them up, they may not take that long. They are done when easily pricked with a fork.
3. Once done, let cool off a bit, and add to the bowl with the kale.
4. Chop up the almonds and sprinkle over the salad.
5. Drizzle a good serving of balsamic vinegar on and toss around.
6. When serving, sprinkle on some extra almonds and drizzle some balsamic to make it look fancy.